We’re heading into the holiday season, which is a time when people tend to drop off the exercise regimen they established in summer in favor of sitting on the sofa in sweats. This is a time when you need to be at your best to encourage clients to continue coming to class!
As the temperatures drop, keep the sick beats dropping, too. That ought to give people a little extra motivation to get into the studio and move! Here, we asked some of our partners to share their top music picks for the season.
At weRow, the only dedicated indoor rowing studio in Minneapolis, owner and founder, Tish Watson says, “Music is (obviously) such a huge part of our studio and we love mixing it up with our members!”
While their clients are getting their low-impact, full-body endurance workout on their WaterRower rowing machines, instructors are keeping pace with top hits and songs to get them in the zone.
These are the 5 must-haves on playlists at weRow right now:
- Mi Gente – J Balvin, Willy William
- Glorious (feat. Skylar Grey) – Macklemore, Skylar Grey
- Calabria – Firebeatz Remix – Rune RK
- Freaks – Timmy Trumpet, Savage
- Love On Me – Galantis, Hook N Sling
In Dallas, owner and instructor of Lync Cycling, Kelsey Howard, told us, “Music is the foundation of a great class.” That certainly seems to be the case at Lync where they offer music-themed spin classes like “Chainsmokers vs. Illenium,” “Pop Princess Ride,” and “90s vs 2000s” in their weekly line-up. Having great music is necessary at a cycling studio to motivate clients to keep pushing as they sync their pedaling to the beat!
Here are Kelsey’s favorite songs of the moment:
- Bound To You (Stash Konig Remix) – Jocelyn Alice
- Dirty Sexy Money – David Guetta, Afrojack, Charli XCX, French Montana
- New Rules (Alison Wonderland Remix) – Dua Lipa
- Song Goes Off (SWACQ Remix) – Trey Songz
- Good Thing (Justin Caruso Remix) – Tritonal, Laurell
Crunch Fitness in Toronto offers 65 weekly group fitness classes ranging from bootcamp-style workouts to yoga right near the College Park Metro stop. With so many classes, you can bet that instructors at Crunch Fitness have a large music collection to draw from for every workout they offer.
Instructor and manager Lori Kirwan sent us a sample of their top songs of the season for their HIIT and bootcamp classes:
- Lemon – N.E.R.D., Rihanna
- No Limit – G-Eazy, A$AP Rocky, Cardi B
- Willy Wonka – Macklemore, Offset
- Mi Gente (Steve Aoki Remix) – J Balvin, Willy William
- Havana (Barry Harris Remix) – Camila Cabello
TITLE Boxing Club offers classes that combine boxing and kickboxing for a fast-paced cardio and core workout. To stay pumped throughout these intense workouts, TITLE Boxing depends on a playlist service called “Rock My Run” that combines a list of songs based on desired BPMs. Each trainer can choose and customize a playlist to get their class hyped to hit the bag.
These are some of the favorite songs you’ll hear at TITLE Boxing on any given day:
- Sorry Not Sorry – Demi Lovato
- Stronger – Kanye West
- All the Way Up (Remix) – Fat Joe, Remy Ma, JAY Z, French Montana, InfraRed
- Trophies – Young, Money, Drake
- Last Resort – Papa Roach
At Pure Barre in the Queen Anne neighborhood of Seattle, music is key to guide people into the flow of the class and to make sure energy stays high throughout! The management team likes to play some classic pop and dance hits that are well-known by clients, and right now, their top picks include:
- Papi – Jennifer Lopez
- Lose Control – Missy Elliott (feat. Ciara & Fat Man Scoop)
- Run the World (Girls) – Beyoncé
- Pure Grinding (iSHi Remix) – Avicii
- Ain’t That Fresh – Futurcop!
Studio Pilates Park City offers personalized attention in group reformer and mat Pilates classes at its studio in the Old Colby School in Park City, Utah. They like to mix it up with music to make classes fun and to ensure everyone keeps moving throughout, syncing their motions with the beat when it fits!
Studio manager and senior instructor Brooke Benton offered her top five songs at the moment for Pilates classes:
- Wicked Games (Radio Edit) – Parra for Cuva, Anna Naklab
- Widow (Original Mix) – PANG!
- Glorious (feat. Skylar Gray) – Macklemore
- I Love You Always Forever – Betty Who
- Yeah, Yeah, Yeah – Jax Jones
Charlotte Yoga is a yoga studio in North Carolina that offers classes based in the Hatha tradition with a unique take based on the teacher. Music can help students focus and get into a flow during a yoga session as they link their breath to their movements.
Studio manager Courtney Shearer took a poll with instructors on their favorite songs for the season, and these are the top 5 picks:
- Tearing Me Up – Bob Moses
- Explore – Khwezi
- Dreams – Girl Blue
- Sunrise – Kygo, Jason Walker
- Unraveling – Francis Cone