NEW YORK, NY – December 4, 2018 – ClassPass, the world’s leading fitness membership, today released data highlighting regional fitness trends across the United States for 2018. The data comes from over 60 million reservations booked by ClassPass members. A full breakdown can be found at classpass.com/fitness-trends.
- Most popular fitness genre for each individual US ClassPass city
- Most popular day of the week to work out: Tuesday
- Most popular day of the year to work out: February 28th, 2018
- Most popular rest day: January 1st, 2018
- Most popular class times: Weekday: 5:30pm, Weekend: 10:30am
- Most Popular Fitness Genre in the US: Strength Training
- Fastest Growing Trend in Fitness: Treadmill classes were the fastest growing across the U.S. We saw an 82% increase in classes that incorporated in treadmills in 2018 vs. 2017
- The Fitness Future: ClassPass users were 33% more likely to book a class under 45 mins (44 minutes or less) in 2018 than they were in 2017. We predict this trend of shorter class times will continue to rise in 2019.
- Most likely to book class at 7:30AM or earlier: Columbus, Ohio
- Most likely to book class between 11AM and 1PM: Portland, Oregon
- Most likely to book class at 7:30PM or later: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Most likely to book class in another city: Orlando, Florida
- Most likely to book class at the last minute: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Most likely to book class with a friend: Atlanta, Georgia
- Most likely to book a treadmill class — 2018’s fastest growing activity: Washington D.C.
- Least likely to miss or cancel a class: San Diego, California
- Most likely to book a class — any class: New York, NY