NEW YORK, NY – June 24, 2016 – ClassPass, the monthly subscription service providing access to the world’s largest network of boutique fitness studios and gyms, today released data highlighting regional fitness trends across the United States.
– Most popular fitness genre for each individual US ClassPass city
– Most adventurous city: New Yorkers take an average of 35 different classes a year
– Most spontaneous: Miami books the most last minute classes, with 57% booking the same day
– Fastest growing city: Baltimore is the fastest growing city with a 23% increase in users month over month growth
– Most frequent travelers: 68% of users in Orlando have used Flex to book a class in a another city
– Most popular genre overall: strength training
– Most lunchtime classes: Austin books the most classes at noon
– The Southeast prefers working out in the morning at 6:00am while the Northeast works out the latest in the evening at 6:30pm
– Most popular day of the week to workout: Tuesday
ClassPass has created technologies and a model for both consumers and studio owners to introduce new people to boutique fitness; nearly 70% of ClassPass members were not regular users of boutique fitness prior to joining . Since launching in 2013, usage on the platform has nearly doubled, and there has been over 20 million reservations booked to date. With the recent introduction of additional plans, ClassPass is providing an easier entry point for even more users to try boutique fitness, further growing and validating the industry as a whole.