ClassPass - the largest all-access fitness membership with a global network of premium studios is aggressively growing its international business.
Over the past year we have launched in over 25 international markets and this pace of expansion is set to continue!
About the right team member:
We are seeking a superstar General Manager to help us launch and grow the Japan region and bring the joys of flexible and accessible fitness to many more people.
This role is a challenging but rewarding combination of business development/account management, marketing, strategic and financial planning. You will be responsible for delivering stretching growth and profitability targets via relationship management with top studio partners, grassroots marketing and brand partnerships to enable growth and increase brand awareness. Successful General Managers are able to leverage learnings from other markets and share key insight to help ClassPass grow worldwide, while maintaining the right level of localisation to resonate with your market.
- Be accountable for ClassPass growth in your market, delivering revenue and profitability targets, and being strategic about how you manage your time and resources to do so.
- Maintain strong relationships with our top studio partners through consistent support
- Sign new studios, start conversations with studios who have just opened in your city and lead contract negotiations
- Be active (!) in the fitness and wellness industry in Japan - you should be a natural networker, constantly looking to grow your contacts to be the first person to pick up on new studios, trends or fitness brands to collaborate with entering your market
- Conceptualise and execute local marketing efforts, including but not limited to: hosting events to build the ClassPass community, starting ambassador relationships or local brand partnerships, and more
- Assist our social media team with local content - you should be social media savvy and understand how to best position our brand and product in Japan
- Maintain excellent communications with the company leadership to highlight strategic opportunities and threats, and leverage the support of a world class team in HQ to deliver your goals
- Fluent in English & Japanese
- Extensive experience in Account Management/ or Senior Sales Management, Business Development, or City Manager/General Manager role
- Strong relationship management and up-selling skills, you’re a natural networker and love meeting new people
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with teams across geographic regions and time zones
- Independent, self-starter attitude with the willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Ability to use performance data to help you prioritise your time, and communicate with the rest of the company on how your market is doing
- Previous startup experience is a plus
- A passion for Fitness and Wellness to properly understand and analyse the market and also to make the most out of your complimentary ClassPass!
- Right to work in Germany
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.