The Site is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 13, and we will not knowingly collect information from such persons. Any person who provides information to us through registration or in any other manner on the Site represents to ClassPass that they are 13 years of age or older. If we learn that a child under 13 has submitted personal information to us, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
ClassPass uses Personally Identifiable Information for several general purposes:
- to provide you with the Site, service information, and news,
- to support the Site and services offered on or through the Site,
- to contact you for feedback about our services,
- to conduct research about ClassPass’s customer base or services,
- to fulfill your reservation and purchase requests,
- to process your payments including credit checks and collection,
- to notify you of technical updates or changes in policy, or
- to contact you for our own marketing and promotional purposes, or
- to process contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions and fulfill any related awards or discounts.
We may use non-Personally Identifiable Information such as demographic data to analyze and develop our marketing strategy and further improve the Site and our services.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- to any applicable venue, studio, instructor, or other service provider for each class or activity that you sign up for on the Site and their third-party providers, so they can process the applicable reservation, make available services to you and contact you regarding the activity you reserved and send you other communication that may be of interest say as special offers (you may opt-out of marketing communications directly with the applicable venue).
- if sharing the information is reasonably necessary to provide or otherwise make available the Site and any feature of the Site or a service.
- to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information we think you would like to hear about either from us or from our business partners (unless you have opted out of these types of communications). (Note that you will not be able to opt-out of service announcements that contain important information relevant to your use of the Site and are not promotional in nature.)
- to other users of our Site to enable them to connect with you. When you create an account on the Site, you will automatically be able to participate in certain social features which allow you to connect with other ClassPass accountholders. Other ClassPass accountholders will be able to find you by your name and will be able to see certain information about you, such as your name, city, and profile photo. You can always choose in your Privacy Settings (in the app) whether or not to turn off being findable and you can also choose to turn off certain information your friends see about you, such as your upcoming classes, class history, and favorite studios.
- ClassPass may allow you to access to a variety of audio or video digital classes from your computer or mobile device, via live stream and/or on demand. When you participate in these digital classes through a connected device, such as a heartrate monitor, we may collect heartrate and other metrics to calculate your ranking in the leaderboard, display a record of your participation and otherwise provide, learn about and improve the Site and our services. If you sync your heart rate monitor with the Site to participate in digital classes, you will automatically be part of the leaderboard experience, and other participants in the class will see your profile information (including your profile picture and username) and rank in the class. In addition, we may display this information or your rank on our Site, for example to display that you were a top participant that week. If you do not want your profile information to be seen by other ClassPass users, do not include any identifying information.
- if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, in connection with litigation, to prevent a crime, or to protect personal property, the public, or the Site.
- in connection with a sale or merger with another entity, consolidation, restructuring, sale of company assets, financing or other corporate change, including during the course of any due diligence process or if ClassPass should ever file for bankruptcy or related proceeding.
- to your employer (or similar entity), if you participate in any of enterprise solutions or corporate programs.
- when we otherwise have your consent to share the information.
ClassPass may also share non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties (e.g. aggregate or demographic data).
You may correct, amend, or update your Personally Identifiable Information by editing your profile on the Site or contacting us.
We are committed to protecting Personally Identifiable Information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access, and destruction. ClassPass takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information. We protect the security of your Personally Identifiable Information during transmission to us by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
THIRD PARTY SITES
The Site may contain links to other sites. ClassPass is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when leaving the Site to read the privacy statements of each site that collects Personally Identifiable Information.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our behalf or to provide advertising-related services. These companies may use a cookie or an action tag, to tailor the advertisements you see on this Website and other sites, to track your response to their advertisement, to determine whether advertising has been served and to measure the effectiveness of their advertising or to award incentives or points to their members who respond to their advertisements. The cookies, action tags or similar files do not contain any Personal Information.
You can learn more about targeted advertising, its benefits and your choices by going to the Digital Advertising Alliance site at http://www.aboutads.info/consumers/. The targeted advertising companies we work with are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the DAA. The NAI and the DAA allow you to limit targeted advertising from its members by using an opt-out tool available on the NAI website at networkadvertising.org or the DAA’s site.
We may also use third parties to provide measurement and analytic services. You can find more information on Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES AND WIDGETS
P.O. Box 20103
Greeley Sq Station
New York, NY 10001
Or contact us here.
Last updated: April 18, 2019