VP of Performance Marketing
ClassPass is hiring a VP of Performance Marketing with a successful record of managing and leading digital marketing strategies to deliver outstanding revenue growth. The VP of Performance Marketing will report to the CMO and will be responsible for building out a large, well-resourced performance marketing engine at ClassPass to support our aggressive goals of being a global fitness company.
The VP of Performance Marketing will lead strategy across Paid Search, Display, Affiliate, Paid Social and Mobile marketing. They will partner closely with leaders across organic marketing, lifecycle, and community to ensure we are building a thriving ecosystem of ClassPass subscribers.
The ideal candidate will have deep domain experience across paid platforms, tools and ad serving technologies. You will know how to organize and grow a team for scale. Additionally, they will be an evangelist internally for our opportunity in growth, helping drive key decisions around expansion, promotional strategy and merchandising decisions.
- Responsible for overall management and growth of our performance marketing channels
- Lead all media buying activities, paid search planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, testing and analysis
- Build and support an industry-leading performance marketing team that has testing and data at the heart of it
- Partner closely with Growth Operations to set monthly budgets while hitting pre-determined targets in CPA, ROI, split testing and channel optimization
- Lead customer buying behavior analysis, segmentation, modeling and profiling
- Identify new sources of customer acquisition through emerging platforms, partners, strategies and channels
- Be a primary stakeholder for a multi-million dollar monthly media spend, forecast quarterly and annual goals for revenue
- Partner with Product and Engineering leadership to ensure we are organized to build the right selling vehicles, activation funnels and early life onboarding experiences
- 12+ years of digital agency and/or in-house marketing experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a high performance marketing team
- Must have broad experience across performance marketing channels such as: Paid Search, Display, Ecommerce, Direct Response
- Deep understanding of how marketing channels compliment one another in order to run effective cross-channel marketing campaigns that drive the highest efficiencies
- Expert knowledge of marketing analytics platforms and how to derive actionable insights from a variety of complex data sources
- Strong management experience leading teams against online performance-based media objectives and executing marketing campaigns that are part of multi-channel marketing strategy that crosses teams and organizations
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Basic HTML and CSS skills
- Ability to multi-task, handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment without a lot of direction or oversight