About the Right Team Member:
We're looking for an innovative backend engineer with a passion for designing robust and easy to use APIs and services. You’re comfortable tackling efforts solo or working in groups, both big and small. Fast-paced environments don’t phase you, and you seek feedback because it has the ability to turn good work into great work. You know the best software is created through collaboration and iteration, which is exactly why you’re looking for the right opportunity, and the right team, to expand your experience.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will craft new functionality with a dedicated team of skilled individuals. You like to ship software early and often, you value simplicity and strive to eliminate unnecessary complexity.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and QA to iterate on the design, implementation, deployment and monitoring of our product
- Build efficient and reusable backend systems
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for more junior engineers
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Maintain high code coverage via unit tests and acceptance tests
- Find and address performance issues
- Proficient in English communication, in reading, writing, and conversations
- Experience with Java or Python
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, and at least 5 years of professional programming experience
- A strong understanding of RESTful API design
- Knowledge of web frameworks such as Dropwizard, Flask, and Django a plus
- Experience working in a multinational corporation is a plus
- Love of fitness a plus
This role is based in Shanghai, China
Who we are
ClassPass is revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry by bringing together the world’s best classes and experiences into one app. Founded in 2013 by Payal Kadakia, ClassPass connects members to millions of classes in 30 countries around the globe, and is now available as a wellness benefit with some of the world’s leading employers. We make it easy to prioritize your health, whether you decide to head to a local studio, play an on-demand workout or book yourself a much needed wellness appointment. Over 100 million reservations later, we truly believe that we’re just getting started.
What we believe
At ClassPass, we believe in the power of movement. But we believe in more than just that. We believe in building for the future, creating more opportunities for everyone around the world to live fully and in good health. We believe that we can always push ourselves and our company to be better, and that there is power in the hard things when we’re all working together toward the same goal. We believe in building a diverse company where a sense of belonging is felt by employees, customers and partners alike. And we believe that the secret to ClassPass’ success is its people.
ClassPass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected characteristics.