Senior IT Manager
Our mission is to inspire people everywhere to live fuller, happier, and more active lives. That’s why we created ClassPass: a membership that gives customers access to boutique fitness classes, gyms, and wellness offerings across a wide network of partners around the world.
About the right team member:
You are an experienced IT professional with a passion for helping others. You understand the needs of a rapidly growing company and know-how to scale systems and processes accordingly. You can identify issues before they arise and tackle them with speedy yet thoughtful and effective solutions. Primary responsibilities include the management of the team’s work queue, leading the global service staff, developing support processes/procedures, tracking performance metrics and effectively communicating with company leadership.
- Lead the global IT Service team, which includes the US and EU based staff
- Ensure consistent and effective support for our global employees through standard processes, procedures, and necessary training
- Establish, meet and continuously improve defined service levels for incident resolution and request fulfillment. This includes ownership of both help desk and video conferencing performance
- Develop and maintain both IT and employee training materials/documentation
- Manage the corporate IT function for ClassPass, including IT budget and policies, inventory management, wifi/networking configuration, A/V support, data security and retention initiatives, remote office support, and more
- Research new technologies and drive large-scale infrastructure improvements to support a fast-growing, ever-changing work environment with fiscal responsibility in mind
- Support the local office for hardware needs, respond to incidents, and hardware requests and repair
- Uphold a customer-first approach to IT and interface daily with employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Minimum 6 years of IT experience with at least 4 years in IT management and at least 3 years leading a global service team
- Track record of a successful corporate office and network expansion, international expansion experience preferred
- Experience recruiting, coaching and retaining a distributed (preferably global) team
- Experience driving the adoption of one or more infosec compliance standards, such as SOC 2 or GDPR
- Experience managing projects with broad scope and multiple customers, such as office build-outs
- Experience designing and implementing processes to meet the needs of a growing team, from onboarding/offboarding to procurement and everything in between.
- Strong time management skills and ability to juggle multiple requests at once
- A track record of continuous improvements, such as monitoring and reducing time to respond and close helpdesk requests
- Experience selecting best-in-class cloud enterprise applications (ie: Slack, GSuite, Office 365, Zoom) and managing them to a budget
- Familiarity with managed network solutions such as Ruckus and Meraki
- The ability to share in the day to day workload of the team, providing the local IT support for the IT team in the San Francisco office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.