About the role:
We are looking for a talented, hard-working, bright team player with at least 5-7 years of experience to join our growing legal team. This is a unique opportunity to work on a wide variety of exciting and challenging matters in a fast-paced and collaborative environment where you can really make a difference.
- Advice: Working cross-functionally with the ClassPass partnerships, customer experience, marketing, product, and other teams to identify risks and provide strategic, practical and creative legal and business advice, including with respect to studio relations, product development, marketing campaigns, privacy, technology, customer service, international expansion, operations, compliance and other matters.
- Contracts: Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of agreements, which may include partnership, master services, licensing, lease, professional services, marketing, technology, SaaS, vendor, confidentiality, website, and other agreements.
- Processes: Developing and improving internal procedures and policies, including template agreements, contract management, record retention, outside counsel oversight, and company education.
- Best Practices: Staying on top of, and educating colleagues about, industry best practices, trends and legal developments.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has in-house experience.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment. We’re a high-growth company that’s constantly iterating and you will demonstrate responsiveness and flexibility while managing multiple priorities and adapting quickly to change.
- Has an extremely practical, creative, business-first, can-do approach to problem-solving and is excited to roll up their sleeves to tackle whatever comes our way.
- Is bright, hardworking, reliable and a self-starter; this is a small team and you will need to thrive while working independently.
- Demonstrates great judgment and has excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, negotiating and drafting skills.
- Has a collaborative and approachable style and the ability to communicate and interact clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- JD with top academic credentials
- Minimum 5-7 years legal experience
- Experience in consumer technology and e-commerce
- This role is not remote and is located in our Missoula, MT office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.