Lifecycle & Retention Marketing Manager
Want to work for one of New York’s hottest startups and help people reach their fitness goals? We have an exciting opportunity for a quantitative strategy manager to test, develop and execute our lifecycle strategy to deepen engagement with our customers and reduce churn. This role will focus on engagement strategies across all consumer touch points including email, web, in app, push and SMS to create a holistic communications strategy.
The right candidate loves digging into numbers, is able to think strategically and tactically, enjoys testing and iterating, has a relentless drive and passion for the customer and ClassPass, and will roll up his/her sleeves to execute flawlessly. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, love fitness, and want to be involved in the growth of an exciting company!
- Analyze customer performance, retention and LTV by channel/cohort/tenure/etc.
- Identify opportunities to engage our customers along their journey to increase ARPU, reduce churn and increase customer sentiment.
- Own the end-to-end testing / optimization roadmap for customers, including concepting, executing and reporting out test results
- Drive the communications calendar, messaging, audience selection and analysis/key insights for our existing users
- Develop and articulate member messaging strategy for product and feature launches
- Work closely with our engineers to ensure we are using technology to drive the best possible customer engagement program; includes automating processes, personalization, data segmentation, list development, triggered campaigns, and CRM tool optimization
- Partner closely with our analytics / business insights team to develop dashboards and reporting to monitor and optimize lifecycle metrics
- Project manage our transition to a new mobile-first email service provider, including contracting, implementation, and any follow up vendor relationships
- Develop a technical understanding of the broader marketing team’s skills (e.g,. email production, ESP tool proficiency, internal admin tools, SQL/Tableau)
- 4+ years of lifecycle / retention, consulting, finance or analytics experience. Experience with B2C companies / subscription based businesses a plus
- Experience leveraging data-driven research/analysis to drive strategic direction and optimize programs
- Very strong knowledge of data analytics and tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Tableau, SQL, Excel)
- Ability to translate data and trends in member and channel behavior into actionable insights, and execute against them
- Familiarity with email service providers, including emails, in app messaging, SMS and push notifications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with the ability to lead large, cross-functional teams to drive key business results
- Strong analytical and communication skills