HR Business Partner - Europe
The People Team has a simple mission: ensure that ClassPass is a great place to work.
As an HR Business Partner, you will contribute to this mission by instituting HR best practices and company policies to teams and offices in your geographical region. The right person will have deep domain expertise in HR and employment law across several countries in their region, be highly organised and quick to identify areas to improve, and ready to roll up their sleeves to support the larger global People Team.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Acts as a trusted go-to resource for all employees by demonstrating discretion, confidentiality, and good judgment at all times.
- Possesses strong knowledge of country-specific HR practices, including but not limited to employment terms and conditions, annual leave policies, pension requirements, and immigration rules.
- Establishes, audits, and documents HR policies and procedures and implements improvements where needed.
- Partners closely with Legal and Finance to ensure the company stays in compliance with local law at all times.
- Provides advice, coaching and support to managers on topics such as performance management, organisational design, headcount planning, culture and employee engagement.
- Handles escalated employee issues (e.g. investigations and terminations) in a fair and objective manner.
- Owns administrative work as needed such as pulling reports, completing employment verifications, preparing compliance filings, and maintaining employee files.
- You are an HR expert in your geographical region, leaning on years of experience running the HR function across multiple countries.
- You are well-versed in HR fundamentals (payroll, benefits, employment law, compliance, and more).
- You listen to employees' needs with compassion and care and you do whatever you can to offer support.
- You aim to be one-step ahead of any potential risks to the business at all times and take a proactive approach to your work.
- You have a keen eye for detail and check your work twice, even three times for accuracy.
- You exhibit excellent communication and organisational skills.
- You are a problem solver and react quickly to resolve issues.
- You are able to work effectively in fast-paced, ever-changing environment.