Senior UX Researcher
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a full-time Senior UX Researcher to join our UX team. The Senior UX Researcher will work closely with Product Designers, Product Managers and Engineers to build simple user centered digital experiences. The right person will be comfortable balancing out tactical research to improve all elements of our existing customers’ experience while advocating for proactive generative research initiatives.
- Work closely with designers, product managers, engineers and customer support team to define and prioritize research needs in a fast-moving environment.
- Design and conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing both quantitative and qualitative methods such as A/B testings, surveys, ethnographic/field research, diary studies, user/usability testing (remote and in-person), and any other methods you find impactful.
- Accommodate business and technical constraints when planning and communicating research.
- Review, analyze, and communicate quantitative and qualitative data to generate tactical and strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations which drive product innovation and design improvements for users.
- Mentor novice members of our team into UX research assistants or junior researchers.
- Willingness to take initiative, run with projects, and speak up when support and guidance is needed.
You are a team player who rolls up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty. You gracefully solve problems under pressure while checking your ego at the door. You are know for making sense of ambiguity, amazing storytelling, and an obsession with perfection.
As the ideal candidate:
- You emotionally connect with customers
- You are able to select research/test methods that achieve the most insightful results within budget and time constraints
- You “Start with Why” - You understand how to ask the right questions to get data that uncovers critical insights
- Enthusiasm for a team-oriented, collaborative, highly energetic, fun and fast-paced environment
- You inspire others to aim for bigger, bolder and smarter
- Someone who is obsessively detail-oriented, a self-starter, and an aficionado of iterating
- You are intimately familiar with user-centered design principles, UX best practices, and heuristics
- You have experience conducting rapid and effective research in a startup environment
- You have the ability to develop bulletproof in-person interview script and simultaneously prepare to go completely off-script when speaking with a passionate user.
- You have worked with web and mobile products
- Strong listening, analytical, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- 4+ years of experience with Product organizations, conducting quantitative and qualitative UX research independently
- BA/BS in human-computer interaction, psychology, anthropology, sociology, cognitive science or related field.
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field OR comparable UX research experience
- Proven ability to make smart decisions about how and when to apply research methods based on solid understanding of their benefits and tradeoffs.
- Graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field
- Strong experience driving results with mobile platforms
- Understanding of quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts
- Working knowledge of statistics and experimental research design
- Some experience with SQL or either R or Python is a big plus
- Design thinking methods and brainstorm facilitation