Hungry for a Halloween treat? From savory to spooky — we’ve got you covered! On a holiday known for candy and sweets, there are plenty of healthy (and festive) options to snack on.
Here are a few of our favorites to try.
Caramel & Chocolate Apple Wedges
- 2 bags caramels
- 2 bags chocolate wafers
- 4 apples, cored and cut into 6 wedges
- Craft sticks or small skewers
- Assortment of toppings: mini chocolate chips, M&Ms, granola, graham cracker crumbs, coconut, peanut butter chips, toffee, sprinkles, etc.
- Heat the caramels over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the caramels are melted. Turn the heat to low.
- Heat chocolate wafers on stovetop over low heat or in microwave.
- Place the toppings into a jumbo muffin tin for easy dipping. Skewer each apple wedge with a craft stick and dip the wedges into the caramel or chocolate followed by a dip in your choice of topping.
- Place the completed apples on wax paper until all of the apples have been dipped.
Frankenstein Avocado Toast
- 2 slices bread of choice
- ½ medium avocado, smashed
- 10 black olives
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 red pepper
- Toast your bread until lightly browned.
- Smash the avocado onto the toast.
- Finely chop 6 of the black olives. Place on the top of the Frankstein head.
- Assemble the remainder of the face.
Banana Ghosts & Clementine Pumpkins
- 4 Bananas
- 24 chocolate chips, regular sized and/or mini
- 4 tangerines
- 1 stalk celery
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half. Place the cut side down so the banana halves stand up.
- Use small chocolate chips to make ghost eyes and large chocolate chips to make ghost mouths.
- Peel the tangerines.
- Cut the celery lengthwise into thirds and then across into 1/2 inch pieces. Insert the celery pieces the tops of the peeled tangerines to resemble pumpkins.