About the role
We are looking for a talented, hard-working, bright team player with at least 7 years of experience to join our legal team. This is a unique opportunity to work on a wide variety of exciting and challenging matters in a fast-paced and collaborative environment where you can really make a difference.
- Advice: Serving as the primary ClassPass lawyer for the partnerships teams, including supporting studios sales, corporate sales and account management, and working cross-functionally to identify risks and provide strategic, practical and creative legal and business advice with respect to studio relations, consumer protection, pricing, product development, new business, marketing, privacy, technology, customer service, operations, compliance and other matters.
- Contracts: Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of agreements, which may include partnerships, business development, master services, licensing, lease, professional services, marketing, technology, SaaS, vendor, confidentiality, website, and other agreements.
- Processes: Developing and improving internal procedures and policies, including template agreements, contract management, record retention, outside counsel oversight, and company education.
- Best Practices: Staying on top of, and educating colleagues about, industry best practices, trends and legal developments.
Skills & Experience
- JD with top academic credentials
- Several years of in-house experience
- Significant commercial experience, including drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial and technology contracts, creative drafting for new programs, and business affairs counseling.
- Experience excelling in a fast-paced environment. Adapting quickly to change, and demonstrating responsiveness and flexibility while managing multiple priorities
- Extremely practical, creative, business-first, can-do approach to problem-solving and excitement to roll up sleeves to tackle whatever comes our way
- Intellectually curious, hardworking, reliable, patient and a self-starter who thrives while working independently within a small team
- Excellent judgment and strong interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
- Collaborative and approachable style and the ability to communicate and interact clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization
Who we are
ClassPass is revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry by bringing together the world’s best classes and experiences into one app. Founded in 2013 by Payal Kadakia, ClassPass connects members to millions of classes in 30 countries around the globe, and is now available as a wellness benefit with some of the world’s leading employers. We make it easy to prioritize your health, whether you decide to head to a local studio, play an on-demand workout or book yourself a much needed wellness appointment. Over 100 million reservations later, we truly believe that we’re just getting started.
What we believe
At ClassPass, we believe in the power of movement. But we believe in more than just that. We believe in building for the future, creating more opportunities for everyone around the world to live fully and in good health. We believe that we can always push ourselves and our company to be better, and that there is power in the hard things when we’re all working together toward the same goal. We believe in building a diverse company where a sense of belonging is felt by employees, customers and partners alike. And we believe that the secret to ClassPass’ success is its people.
ClassPass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected characteristics.