ClassPass is the world’s leading marketplace platform for studio and gym fitness. Since our founding in 2013 by Payal Kadakia we’ve successfully created a new vertical in the fitness industry by aggregating class inventory from boutique studios and other fitness providers and merchandising it to consumers as a monthly subscription. Our users have booked over 50 million reservations to date and we’re just getting started.
About the role:
We’re looking for an Operations Analyst to help us solve the company’s toughest problems and uncover new insights about our business. This role sits on ClassPass’s Data Insights team, an internal consultancy within the broader Analytics organization that conducts regular deep dives into the data to answer crucial business questions asked by members of our executive team, being the standard-bearer for analytics practices across the company. The Operations Analyst will focus on tracking (and improving) performance on teams across the company, finding areas where teams can work better, faster, and smarter.
The right person for this role should be able to get into the weeds of a particular organizational problem, but also be able to make a high-level presentation of findings to key figures throughout the organization. As a rapidly growing company, we are looking for someone who is agile, forward-thinking, and looking to grow along with the organization. They should be self-driven and proactive, but also a team player.
- 3+ years experience as an analyst, consultant or data professional
- Operations and logistics or supply chain experience, preferably at an ecommerce or retail company
- Proficiency with SQL a must (Postgres preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Statistics, or similar required
- Knowledge and/or experience with BI tools (Tableau preferred)
- Experience with analytical tools such as R, Python, SAS, Stata preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, data validation, look-up functions, etc.)
- Proven data presentation ability
- Experience working with very large datasets a plus
- Familiarity with ETL pipelines and Github a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit; comfort with ambiguity and a fast-paced work environment
- Strong business acumen; can consider higher-level business context and thinking while still approaching analytical problems with technical precision and data-mindedness
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.