About the right team member:
We are seeking a superstar Country Manager to help us grow China and bring the joys of flexible and accessible fitness to many more people.
This role is a challenging but rewarding combination of team management, business development, account management, marketing, strategy, project management and financial planning. You will be responsible for delivering stretching growth and profitability targets via sales and relationship management with top studio partners, brand marketing and key partnerships to enable growth and increasing brand awareness of ClassPass in China. Successful Country Managers are able to leverage learnings from other markets and share key insight to help ClassPass grow worldwide, while maintaining the right level of localisation to resonate with your market.
Sounds great, but what will I actually do?
- Grow ClassPass (GuavaPass) business in China to deliver revenue and profitability targets, being strategic about how you manage your time and resources to do so.
- Sign new studios at an accelerated rate, start conversations with studios who have just opened in your market and lead contract negotiations.
- Maintain strong relationships with our top studio partners through consistent support
- Be active (!) in the fitness and wellness industry in China - you should be a natural networker, constantly looking to grow your contacts to be the first person to pick up on new studios, trends or fitness brands to collaborate with entering your market.
- Partner with the Marketing Lead, China to define our brand and value proposition in the market, and conceptualise and execute local marketing efforts (e.g. events) and channel strategies (e.g. WeChat).
- Maintain excellent communication with company leadership to highlight strategic opportunities and threats, and leverage the support of a centralised team abroad to deliver your goals.
What we are looking for:
- Fluent in Chinese (Mandarin) and English.
- Independent, self-starter attitude with a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Extensive experience in Sales, Leadership & Management, Business Development, Account Management or City/Country Manager role.
- Ability to lead and manage local and remote teams, you can work effectively with teams across different cultures, countries and time zones.
- Strong relationship management and up-selling skills, you are a natural networker and love meeting new people.
- Creative thinker and fast executor who can also analyse performance data to derive actionable insights and communicate recommendations to teams abroad.
- Previous start-up experience and/or experience at Fitness/Wellness/Tech companies are a plus.
- A passion for Fitness, Wellness and Lifestyle to properly understand the market and also to make the most out of your complimentary ClassPass!