Senior Director of Business Development
About the position
ClassPass is seeking an innovative and entrepreneurial executive to run the Business Development function, reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer. As the leader of business development, you will own and execute on the vision, strategy, and day-to-day tactics that we employ to strike commercial alliances with large partners. You will work primarily with large consumer brands with the primary objectives to increase ClassPass’ brand awareness with new audiences and unlock new value creation opportunities for the company.
We seek an individual that thinks big and is comfortable operating across functional lines to identify and execute on new growth opportunities through product, engineering, legal, finance, and marketing. We also look for someone with strong experience in signing large and complex deals and managing C-Level relationships.
- Evaluate and explore strategic partnership opportunities for ClassPass, primarily with major consumer brands across the fitness, retail, financial services, food & beverage, media, apparel, and technology verticals
- Screen potential deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, financial implications and internal priorities.
- Foster and develop C-Level relationships with key strategic business partners
- Oversee execution of each opportunity through close collaboration with internal and external parties
- Develop and operate scalable, evergreen partnership programs
- Top academic background: MBA degree or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years experience in BD, Corporate Development or Management Consulting
- Prior experience in a consumer business development capacity, ideally within the technology industry
- Success in structuring large & complex deals and negotiating with C-Level stakeholders.
- Highly analytical & strategic thinker with knowledge of marketplace business models (+ passion for fitness)
- Worked within a highly entrepreneurial environment (can-do attitude)
- Well-organized and able to prioritize among multiple projects with limited supervision
- Ready to travel (30%+)
- Successful track record of delivering impact and value creation in prior roles