Senior Mobile Engineer
ClassPass is transforming the $10B fitness industry by connecting people to over 1 million studio fitness classes annually, and inspiring them to live more actively. Since our founding in 2013, we’ve built the world’s leading fitness membership through a digital platform, proprietary technology, a global brand and an unparalleled community. We’re revolutionizing fitness, and even after being recognized as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, we believe we’re just getting started.
Our growing team (now over 500 strong!) is a passionate, hard-working bunch that believes in having a real impact on our customers' lives. We take work – and working out – seriously. We’re as inspired by the millions of reservations made to date as we are by the life-changing stories we receive from our members and studios, which is why we work together every day to innovate, create, and discover new ways we can make the world a more active place.
About the role:
Our iOS and Android apps are a hybrid of native and React Native code. Our iOS application is in Objective-C and Swift, while our Android application is in Java and Kotlin. By using React Native, our mobile engineers are more cross-platform and our web engineers are able to contribute to mobile. We pick native or React Native based on what’s best for the feature.
Your language-specific experience is less important than your overall experience as a senior mobile engineer. We’re looking for people who want to evolve with us as we become more cross-platform in our mobile engineering efforts while continuing to push technical excellence in our mobile applications.
About the Right Team Member:
- Your world is in the palm of your hand and you live the mobile life.
- You understand how to code and ship diverse product features within the mobile space.
- Solving difficult technical problems related to user interactions as well as low level systems is your forte.
- You understand the importance of delightful UI/UX and know how to implement it on a mobile device.
- Innovate and create a cutting edge mobile experience.
- Create and maintain a codebase.
- Own and solve difficult technical problems and provide timely delivery.
- Be creative in improving the UI/UX of our mobile apps.
- 5+ years total experience as an engineer.
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail oriented and passionate about mobile UI/UX.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, ship-often environment.
- Deep understanding of the iOS or Android SDK and device landscape.
- Experience with agile development.
- Experience with React Native or React is a big plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.