Email Operations Manager
About the Right Team Member:
You’re strategic and analytical. You have a knack for: getting the right emails in the right inboxes, improving open rates and CTRs, customer segmentation and personalization. You can obsess over both crafting the perfect subject as well as crunching the numbers in Excel.
This is a critical role as email is one of the most important channels we have to communicate with our customers, drive revenue, and build brand loyalty. You will possess a penchant for digging into data, problem solving, analyzing numbers and trends. You will play a central part on the team as you collaborate closely with cross-functional departments including Design, Marketing, Product, Finance, Business Insights etc, as well as external partners. We are looking for a roll-up-your-sleeves operator, who can both strategize and execute. We need this person to be both left & right brain thinkers.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment, love fitness, and want to be involved in the growth of an exciting company!
- Oversee the email calendar and testing roadmap across all global teams including lifecycle/retention, acquisition, CX and product
- Manage end-to-end email and push notification execution both in house and via external contractors, from setting up creative testing and audience segmentation to building, testing and deployment of all campaigns
- Execute test strategies around key email components such as content, timing, audience segmentation, and frequency to drive performance of email campaigns
- Compile, track, and analyze email performance KPIs and make recommendations to campaigns based on this analysis and drive increased revenue
- Support the testing and integration of new email capabilities and tools
- Create, update and maintain transactional emails and trigger campaigns.
- Project manage our transition to a new mobile-first email service provider, including contracting, implementation, and any follow up vendor relationships
- Monitor email deliverability and ensure compliance with CAN-SPAM regulations and international data collection policies
- 1-2+ years of experience in email marketing
- Significant experience with marketing automation / email service providers
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. SQL skills a plus
- Strong written communication, attention to detail, and project management skills
- Understanding of email marketing concepts, metrics and best practices
- Experience with HTML/CSS knowledge strongly preferred