Customer Experience Manager
The Customer Experience Manager will lead a rapidly growing, globally dispersed team of CX Team Leads and CX Associates (100+) and help reimagine how we delight and retain our customers. This role will ensure over performance across all key metrics, help shape the strategic direction of ClassPass support and instill a strong culture of accountability and customer obsession.
About the Right Team Member:
You understand the core tenets of a best-in-class CX organization, particularly in the consumer technology space, and have a passion for architecting delightful support interactions. You firmly believe that happy customers start with happy employees, and have strong experience motivating frontline teams to deliver efficient, high quality work — day in, day out. You are relentless in your pursuit of qualitative and quantitative excellence, and your vision inspires the team around you to consistently think one step ahead, never settling for “current state.” You navigate nuanced performance metrics with ease and have a strong grasp of CX tooling and technology. As a people leader, you hold yourself and others accountable to deadlines and goals, you have a constant pulse on how the team is operating and you deliver top-notch communication at every turn — internally and externally.
- Lead, mentor and develop CX Team Leads through “hands on” management — providing clear direction, fostering autonomy and putting in the time to understand individual strengths and development areas
- Partner with CX Director to drive optimal team performance and conquer/stay ahead of roadblocks, ensuring team is staying aligned with - and helping shape - company-wide priorities
- Dissect current performance metrics to ensure: (1) SLAs are up-to-date and drive the right behaviors; (2) current reporting systems are optimized and effective; (3) seasonality and interconnectivity are clearly accounted for and coached on; (4) quality and efficiency are given equal weight
- Inventory all CX operating processes and decision trees to ensure efficiency and the right balance between business impact and customer impact
- Work with CX Operations to help define future of team scheduling, accounting for continued international expansion and integration of US and non-US teams
- Coach senior team members through escalations and managerial requests, providing support and ensuring the right systems are in place to put out fires quickly
- Form strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholders to instill CX mindset in planning/execution process and drive business cases for customer improvements
- Implement recognition/incentive programs and leaderboards to foster fun, healthy competition among the team
- Devote time to the inbox and/or chat to keep a pulse on customer inquiries and stay close to the front line experience
- Provide support to team during off-hours as needed
- 5-10 years experience in customer-centric role
- 2-3 years experience leading, building and inspiring large teams, preferably at a high-growth startup
- Deep passion for overall customer experience with a proven track record of driving results
- Passion for developing and mentoring first-time managers
- Ability to represent ClassPass in the most positive, helpful and supportive way possible
- Analytical savvy and strong grasp of CX tooling, metrics and processes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, externally and internally
- Ability to travel to other offices (MT, NY, UK, Asia) and pitch in outside of business hours to support the team when needed as coverage is 24/7
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.