Managing Director, Western Europe
ClassPass - the largest all-access fitness membership to a global network of premium studios is aggressively growing its international business.
Over the past year we have launched in a further 15 international markets and this pace of expansion is set to continue. We are now seeking a Europe MD to join the ClassPass team and provide leadership to our newly launched continental European markets.
About the right team member:
In this role you will work closely with our VP International and manage a number of talented Country Managers across the European region. You will have first rate strategy skills and a strong track record of delivering growth
This role is a challenging but rewarding combination of strategy and execution, with accountability for stretching goals, and management autonomy over the resources to deliver them.
This role will have responsibility for the ClassPass business in France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, DACH & Benelux.
The role reports to ClassPass’s VP International. Applications are welcome for our offices in Berlin, London or Paris, and travel across Europe will be required.
Sounds great, but what will I actually do?
- Be accountable for ClassPass’s profitable growth in its launched markets in the region, with ownership of the P&L
- Work with ClassPass’s VP International and team to develop growth strategy for established markets across Europe.
- Work with our Senior Director of International Expansion to launch new markets in Europe.
- Manage a team of sub regional managers, each leading partnerships and marketing teams for their markets
- Steer major cross region strategic initiatives
- Be active (!) in the fitness and wellness industry across Europe. You should be a natural networker, constantly looking to grow your contacts to be the first person to pick up on new opportunities in the market.
- Maintain excellent communication with the company leadership to highlight strategic opportunities and threats, and leverage the support of a world class team in HQ to deliver your goals.
What we are looking for:
- Proven and extensive experience encompassing exposure to strategy, planning, sales, deal-making, and marketing.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills
- Excellent communicator; can clearly and succinctly communicate with executive teams, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams across geographic regions and timezones.
- Highly organised, adaptable and versatile; able to tackle a diverse set of problems and work with stakeholders across the company to deliver.
- Relentless drive for results, with the willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Confident with the use of performance data to help you track and prioritise, and communicate with the rest of the company on how your market is doing
- A passion for Fitness and Wellness to properly understand and analyse the market and also to make the most out of your complimentary ClassPass!
- Previous startup experience is a plus
- Experience in top tier management consultancy or investment bank is a plus