Pricing & Inventory Analyst
ClassPass is the world’s leading platform for studio and gym fitness. We are passionate about helping our members live a more active life. Each day, ClassPass merchandises millions of classes from tens of thousands of gyms and studios. To date, our users have booked over 50 million reservations to date and we’re just getting started.
The Analyst position will play a key role in optimizing the data products that power this marketplace, designing tests, and working with program managers to experiment with new product and inventory types. In addition, this role will play a key role in measuring marketplace health, designing metrics and reporting that to be consumed throughout company.
This role will involve regular deep dives into the data to answer crucial business questions asked by members of our executive team, support strategic programs, and key business initiatives. An Analyst should be able to get into the weeds of a particular data problem, but also be able to make a high-level presentation of findings to key figures throughout the organization. As a rapidly growing start-up, we are looking for someone who is agile, forward-thinking, and looking to grow along with the organization.
Successful candidates will be strong individual contributors, comfortable with test design and execution, and possess an intense curiosity about marketplace dynamics. This role will work on the most complex modeling and algorithmic problems currently confronted in fitness and wellness.
Some of the problems the Pricing & Inventory team works on include:
- Developing new methods to determine what reference value users hold for any given class, and using this estimate to inform dynamic pricing models
- Modeling user affinity and predicting demand for both real and theoretical classes
- Optimizing partner tools that increase for revenue from the CP platform while also protecting their direct revenue earned off the platform
- Designing pricing campaigns to encourage users to increase workout frequency
- Creating automated reporting for business partners, nudging them to increase their engagement on the platform
- 3+ years experience as an analyst, consultant or data professional
- Strong proficiency with SQL a must (Postgres preferred)
- Knowledge and/or experience with BI tools (Tableau, Looker preferred)
- Experience with analytical tools such as R, Python, SAS, Stata, SPSS strongly preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, data validation, look-up functions, etc.)
- Proven data presentation ability
- Experience with machine learning, regression analysis a plus
- Experience with A/B testing and proper test design a plus
- Experience working with very large datasets a plus
- Familiarity with ETL pipelines and Github a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit; comfort with ambiguity and a fast-paced work environment
- Strong business acumen; can consider higher-level business context and thinking while still approaching analytical problems with technical precision and data-mindedness
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.