Remote Sales Manager - Western U.S.
*This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in Mountain or Pacific time to manage the western U.S. remote sales team
ClassPass is transforming the $10B fitness industry by connecting people to over 1M studio fitness classes and inspiring them to live more actively. Founded in 2013, we’ve built the world’s leading fitness membership through deep investments in cutting-edge, proprietary technology, a global brand, and an unparalleled community. We’re revolutionizing fitness, and even after being recognized as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, we believe we’re just getting started.
About the right team member:
You’re a natural leader and work closely with your team to hit targets each month and contribute to the growth of ClassPass. You set the bar for the team by demonstrating your stellar cold calling, pitching and negotiating skills. You thrive as a player-coach by setting ambitious goals and providing the necessary mentorship, feedback, and support to set the team up for success. Above all, you know how to foster strong team comradery, motivate and empower individuals to do their best work, and drive everyone towards a collective goal.
- Successfully manage the western U.S. remote sales team to hit monthly targets in specific territories
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Communicate successes and roadblocks to the Director to ensure the team is on track to hit monthly goals
- Organize and vet both inbound and prospective studio partners coming through the funnel to help the team maintain priorities and focus
- Work directly with the remote team to drive through the full sales cycle by making introductions, assessing and building the relationship, and closing the deal
- Identify emerging neighborhoods and target areas while being fully aware of new products and the competitive landscape
- Develop creative, fun, and innovative ways to connect and build out your relationships with potential partners and share across the team
- Negotiate legal terms and conditions and pricing and inventory restrictions to establish the best possible partnership for all stakeholders
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly target goals
- Handle multiple projects outside of your team's pipelines while maintaining daily KPIs and metrics
- Demonstrated sales experience with a track record of top performance
- At least 2 years of experience with mentoring, coaching and managing a team - remote management a plus
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and attend to detail
- A genuine curiosity about people and local businesses and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Willingness to travel and work in-market to help expand the ClassPass geographic footprint - including taking studio classes
- Willingness to sell national brands
- A team player and comfortable with an ever-changing startup environment
- Resilience to overcome objections and obstacles with an openness to feedback and dedication to self-improvement
- Proficiency with SalesForce, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint/Keynote
ClassPass Company Culture
Our growing team (now over 400 strong!) is a passionate, hard-working bunch that believes in having a real impact on our customers' lives. We take work – and working out – seriously. The attire of choice is athleisure and you'll often see ClassPassers buddying up to take a class. We’re as inspired by the millions of reservations made to date as we are by the life-changing stories we receive from our members and studios, which is why we work together every day to innovate and create new ways we can make the world a more active place. Join us!