Financial Execution Lead
ClassPass is seeking a Financial Execution Lead to manage and optimize our execution on the business model that is revolutionizing the studio fitness industry.
In this role you’ll be responsible for daily monitoring of our financial performance to ensure that we are executing effectively at every line on our profit and loss statement. You’ll watch daily trends in revenue to ensure that we are capturing recurring charges as intended, investigate anomalous data and trends, oversee existing programs around payment failure, refunds, chargebacks, and fraud, and identify new opportunities to improve revenue capture. You’ll work with teams across the company to drive quick responses to financial execution failures and institute new processes to ensure they are not repeated in the future. Finally, you’ll work closely with stakeholders on our FP&A, Business Intelligence, and Data Insights teams to find new ways to increase the sophistication with which we monitor the business and identify trends in financial execution.
Our ideal candidate has a strong background in finance and/or analytics and is looking to continue deploying those skillsets toward a role that has a broader and more operational remit. This role is based in Missoula, Montana, and reports into the Analytics team within the Financial & Operations organization at ClassPass.
- Oversee daily monitoring of revenue collection to ensure robust execution on all elements of P&L (e.g., revenue, cost of goods, etc.)
- Work with FP&A and Business Intelligence teams to investigate and diagnose anomalous financial trends that may be indicative of leakage
- Oversee program management of intervention efforts on various sources of revenue leakage including refunds, payment failure, and chargebacks
- Oversee monitoring of fraud and program management of intervention efforts on various types of fraud
- Drive real-time responses to financial execution failures working with Product & Engineering, Customer Experience, and many other teams at ClassPass
- Identify and advocate for ways to improve profitability through enhanced financial execution (e.g., product features, policy changes)
- 4-6 years of experience in a role with strong financial, quantitative, and/or analytical components
- Advanced proficiency in at least one of the following: Microsoft Excel, SQL, or a standard Business Intelligence software (e.g., Tableau, Looker, or similar)
- Strong quantitative orientation and comfort working with large datasets
- Organized, structured approach to problem solving, making sense of data, and driving to insights
- Ability to influence cross-functionally and lead projects that coordinate across large and disparate teams of stakeholders
- Ability to drive projects and programs independently
- Experience at a startup or growth stage company a plus