Senior Backend Engineer
ClassPass is the world’s leading platform for studio and gym fitness. We are passionate about helping our members live a more active life – they currently book almost a million classes a month and we are just getting started.
We are transitioning to a micro-services based architecture from a single API. Our new architecture uses React and Node for the web, Swift for iOS, and Python and Java on the backend.
As a backend engineer you will craft new functionality with a dedicated team of coworkers that will enrich our members and our partners. As our business continues its rapid growth, you will help ensure our software is positioned to harness and accelerate our marketplace. You will help design APIs and architecture that your colleagues will be delighted to use. You will be involved in the planning of features at the beginning and own them through deployment and monitoring.
- You are passionate about your craft and want to be surrounded by likeminded individuals
- You like to ship software early and often
- You care about selecting the right tool for the right job
- You design APIs and services that make difficult problems seem easy
- You collaborate well with others but are excited to own a big feature
- You value simplicity and strive to eliminate unnecessary complexity
- You have at least 5 years of professional programming experience
- Free medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Free ClassPass membership
- Flexible work hours & vacation policy
- Pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs
- Vanguard 401k
- Healthy (and unhealthy) snacks
- Casual dress - fitness wear encouraged!
- Team workouts, events, and happy hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.