Senior Mobile Engineer
About the Right Team Member:
- Your world is in the palm of your hand and you live the mobile life.
- You understand how to code and ship diverse product features within the mobile space.
- Solving difficult technical problems related to user interactions as well as low level systems is your forte.
- You understand the importance of delightful UI/UX and know how to implement it on a mobile device.
We have both iOS and Android applications. Our iOS application is mostly Swift. Our Android application is in Java but we have recently started using Kotlin. We have also started to use React Native so that our mobile engineers are more cross-platform. We recently launched our first new feature on both apps in the same week using the same code.
Your language-specific experience is less important than your overall experience as a senior mobile engineer. We are looking for people who want to evolve with us as we become more cross-platform in our mobile engineering efforts, while continuing to push technical excellence in our mobile applications.
- Innovate and create a cutting edge mobile experience.
- Create and maintain a codebase.
- Own and solve difficult technical problems and provide timely delivery.
- Be creative in improving the UI/UX of our mobile apps.
- 5 years total experience as an engineer.
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail oriented and passionate about mobile UI/UX.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, ship-often environment.
- Deep understanding of the Cocoa or Android SDK and device landscape.
- Experience with agile development.
- Experience with React Native or React is a big plus.